Psalm 121: God Our Helper and Keeper

Earlier this month I delivered a message at Bethel Bible Fellowship on Psalm 121. In it, I explored the universality of the human condition as one of neediness:

“Let’s not fool ourselves: we are indeed needy people, when we find ourselves there at that point of deep need, we will seek help from somewhere.  The question that confronts us today is, ‘Where do you seek your ultimate source of help in this broken, sinful world?’  When the chips are down, where do you lean the hardest? Fundamentally–there are only two answers to the question, ‘Where do you seek help, ultimately?’: Either in [a] Human Resources (myself, family, merely human wisdom, technology and civilization, education, self-help books, etc.), OR in [b] Divine Resources (God: God’s wisdom, God’s power, God’s perspective, God’s instructions, God’s promises, God’s plans).”

In the message, I expound the Psalmist’s motivations for us to look to God as our ultimate source of help.  To listen, click here and be encouraged: Psalm 121: God our Helper and Keeper

Dr. Phillip Marshall

3 responses

1. I Livewebcast via SermonAudio. Your exhortation from Psalm 121 was timely. What a sovereign God to have you minister to the flock at Founders. This sermon has introduced me to your ministry. May the Lord be truly glorified with true Gospel preaching. Jude 3, IN CHRIST, Mrs Beverley Wilson