Why did God create the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil?

A friend of mine recently asked me this question:

I’m often asked questions like this: why did God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden if he knew that Adam and Eve would disobey him? I’d be interested to know how you answer that question.

Here is how I responded:

You ask an important question, a question theologians, philosophers, and believers have been puzzling over for hundreds–if not thousands–of years. There is much we do not know about that time, so whatever we say about it must be held humbly. People of good faith debate whether we are to read Genesis 1-3 as literal history or as a metaphor broadly of who created us, why, who were are as human beings, and what has gone so terribly wrong. Regardless of how you read it, there is a looming question: why did God put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden if he knew that Adam and Eve would disobey him?

I don’t know if there is AN answer to that question, but I do have some thoughts which may be helpful. The prophet Isaiah reminds us that God’s ways are not our ways, his thoughts are not our thoughts. He said that God’s thoughts are as high above our thoughts as the stars in the heaven. So whatever God had in mind when he did it is not available to us, unless God’s chooses to reveal it to us plainly. Genesis 3 tells us what God did but not why.

Of all God’s creatures human beings are made in his image. This means, among other things, that we have a will of our own and make choices. Animals cannot choose. A species of bird driven by instinct to build a nest in the trees cannot decide to burrow beneath the ground for its home. Human beings, though, uniquely fashioned from the earth are not only able to make decisions, they must. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was there, in part, to provide humans with a choice: to obey the Voice of God or not. Had there been no choice, there could be no obedience. The ongoing question for us is whether we will choose to follow, love and obey the One True God. Yes, I think God knew that some people would choose to follow. Others would choose to follow their own designs. That is not a failure in God but in us. Had God made us so that we could only love him, then it would be no love at all. Love is at the heart of creation.

Another matter which comes to mind. The knowledge of good and evil seems like a good thing to have, but the question is: where should this come from? The “sin” of Adam and Eve is that they want to be “like God.” This means that they do not want to depend on God for the guidance of what is good and evil. They want to know it for themselves, which makes them the judge. They want the option in the future to say what is good and what is evil. In fact, God is the only judge in these matters. The Hebrew word translated “knowledge” may imply “knowledge by experience” rather than theoretical knowledge. God did not want young Adam and Eve to know evil by experience. As a parent, I can understand that. I want my adult son to “know” that adultery is evil and will harm him and his family, but I don’t want him to have to experience it to know it. Adam and Eve, however, chose disobedience; they apparently wanted to experience for themselves good and evil. That experience changed them and the world in profound ways.

Now it is your turn. How would you answer?

31 responses

1. Pingback: Switch Trees! | New Heaven on Earth!

2. Like your answer to the question.

Indeed, man is to choose between hearing the voice of God or not…. between life or death….between the blessing or the curse. I believe that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the mouth that blesses God (knowledge of the good) AND is also used for cursing other men (knowledge of evil). James 3:10. Death and life are in the power of the tongue and those that love it shall eat the “fruit” of it. This is why we can not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and live. We are to have love for each other…a healing tongue is a tree of life. We are free to eat of the trees of the garden….the fruit of the Spirit…the fruit of righteousness…but we are not free to use our mouths for speaking evil of our brothers…eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil which is always in our midst. One of the serpent’s lies was that we shall be as “gods”….elohim…which also means “judges” if we partake of that “fruit”. Men who desire to be seen as wise use the same mouth to bless God AND to also speak evil of their brothers who are made in the image of God. He that speaks evil of his brother is a JUDGE (James 4:11). Men see themselves as “gods”…that is, as judges…knowing good and evil….as they use their mouths to speak evil of others in their judgment of others. They hear the Word to have love for one another but do not do it. They see themselves as doing God service for doing such things (John 16:2) as the serpent stated “for God knows that in the day you eat thereof…”

3. I think the serpent represents ego. Ego only seeks its own. By eating of the tree, Adam and Eve sought to create Paradise on earth without God being involved. Folks are trying to do that all the time. Ego seeks self gratification; Spirit, on the other hand, seeks fellowship with God. The only place for ego is nailed to a cross.

I also think there is a deeper meaning to this idea of the Knowlege of Good and Evil. What we sometimes perceive as evil (things we fear) happens to us. Somehow, God is able to bring good from that. Evil is like the bumpers and flippers in a pinball machine. We bounce off of it and find our lives propelled in a completely different direction. Perhaps, with the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, we would be able to discern how things that once seemed fearful — evil — work out for our good.

Either way, I wish more were known about this tree.

4. I am just beginning my research of Genesis and so I do not have a well researched point of view as yet, but if this in fact is literal, then I like to think of it differently than many. I like to think that this was not a test at all, but rather a fact. Like a mother telling her child not to put her hand in the fire. Getting burned isn’t a punishment based on the child’s disobedience, but rather the actual consequence of putting one’s hand in fire. I don’t believe love ever wants someone to fail or to falter. I wouldn’t set up an obvious temptation for my child just to see if he or she loves me, but I would warn him or her about doing something that would be harmful.

5. i have a scientific explanation to things. it says in genesis that God seprated the heavens from the heavens, and that god created the stars and planets for signs. i think that that doesnt mean for signs like zodiac signs but for spiritual, heavenly signs. i beleive that when he seperated the heavens from the heavens that they still carried apart of the true heaven. this means that the physical things we see in life are signs of what happens in the spiritual relms as well. our reality is a between state of what happens spiritually. therefore when god created this universe, he had created it with all the possibilities. and just as our universe one antimatter by 1%, he let that be but with the exception with a little scattered antimatter. so the anitmatter, and the bad little things in life, are like the drug dealers on the corner of the street or the catch behind all that is free. i think ultimately God created us to know himself and to define himself in a new way possible. he wanted to be ultimately order and consciousness, so that is why he created our reality. our universe is a hologram of pure consciousness, which he pertains to be. but beyond this are other dimensions, one of chaos and one of grace and order. but this is the one where all of them collide. so since consciousness is what he is, he and that 1% percent is suppose to be triumphant, god allows mankind to win but has a catch in our realilty. he seems to have created evil and knowledge of it so that consciousness would know that there was something else. it was out choice to take it, but had we not we wouldnt be as conscious as the gods, or the many face which are within him.God also seems to have created satan as his opponent to give him a reason to live. Satan is like god messed up wife. he is truth while she is desire. satan was made to be his opposite. to say what shouldnt be while he says what should be. satan is his first companion, and his helper. they are like two lovers. this was because gods consciousness was lonely. and before he created mankind he had let there be heaven, satan, and angels who created in the heavens and think of a universe. when he thought of creating man he thought of creating an innocent being who did not know any of these things. to see what they will do. till this day all children are born with the same merit and so is all that we do. not even the gods know what we will do. but they preplan goodness, which is part of the same plans we have. yet how thing will turn out is totally up to us. he allowed randomness to come into our lives, but at the mercy of his power. this is why it was under his command that he let all these things happens and it was to him that all the gods bowed, and were one with. i think god wants us to have knowlegde to define himself. but not to know evil. this is the real question ive been searching for.”does god want us to have knowledge?” versus being like a native american in the wilderness.” does he want us to know how to build, reach the stars, and know as much as possible?” and “why”. “what will knowledge serve us, if he will end it soon?” almost makes me think he wants us to be stupid. but i doubt it. i really think god wants us to become god like him, or very unqiue powerful beings eventually in the physical world. but he will give this to us when we are obedient enough. it’s just the same way aliens wouldnt land on earth till we are nonviolent perhaps.

6. All seem like valid explanation. I can most identify with the parent explanation that I wouldn’t temp my child but tell them things that they shouldn’t do because I know its not right but if and when they do it there is consequences for their actions the result of disobedience

7. Man likes to blame the woman for starting it, but scriptures are clear it was all about the man/Adam……no they were not “one unit” and she did not sin before he did, no scriptures in the bible say she did before he sinned…..once he ate, then she became a sinner, but not until then
    the bottom line, Adam the man failed, not the woman.

The Lord God and Adam the man

Genesis 2:5 there was not a man to till the ground.
    Genesis 2:15-17 And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. the Lord God commanded the man saying, Thou shalt not eat of it

Genesis 3:9-11 the Lord called to Adam, Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Genesis 3:17 unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it, cursed is the ground for thy sake

Genesis 3:22-24 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
    Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
    So he drove out the man

• You’re right, Adam sinned first. However, the woman did not respect God’s “chain of command.” God spoke to Adam, commanding him not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge. Eve was created for Adam as a companion and “helper.” She was under his subjection, so Adam informed her of God’s command regarding the Tree.

The headship principle in 1 Corinthians 3: 11 says “But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God.” So woman looks to man for guidance, man looks to Christ, Christ looks to God. Chaos normally ensues when someone steps out of their place. Satan is a good example of this.

So the serpent targeted Eve because she was most recently created and spiritually weaker compared to Adam. The serpent asks Eve a question at Genesis 3:1 ““Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” Remember, Eve never spoke to God. The command was given to her by her husband.

This is where Eve overstepped her boundaries… She replies in Verse 2 and speaks in behalf of her husband. “Of the fruit of the trees of the garden WE may eat.” Since Adam wasn’t present, Eve could only speak in behalf of herself?

In Verse 3 Eve says “but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’” Eve wasn’t created yet when God gave Adam the command, so she can only confirm what her husband said.

She was in no position to try to reason with the snake. If she maintained her place as a submissive helper to her husband, the situation could have turned out differently. Adam, as the spiritually mature head of household, could have spoken to the snake directly and taken a stand to do what was right. His mistake was to be persuaded by desire and give in to eating the only kind of fruit from the only kind of tree that would bring death to all humans. SMH

• Wow that’s really deep. Key word being submission even today rebellion has gotten pretty bad because everyone wants to be the head.

8. When we ask the question, “Why did God put the tree in the garden?” , we are really asking, “is God really good and can i trust him with my life, to give Him my life and trust Him to give me and lead me to what is truly best?” We are also asking, “Is God really a twisted evil person that likes to see people suffer and that’s why he allowed the fall and all the sin and oppression and injustice that are the result?”

This is why the “choice” answer (the tree was created to provide a choice), has never satisfied the aching doubt in my heart. I’m really asking if I can trust my heart to love God or not? Can I believe that he will really love my heart, or will he torture it? The choice answer is an attempt to answer the surface question without seeing the deeper question.

The Choice answer also refers to real love and false love; love without choice is no love at all. I believe the love of Adam and Eve before the fall was the same as or similar to the love of a child for their parents. I would not want to say that the love of children for their parents is not real love. Children really do love worship and adore their parents and it is genuine love. If parents somehow fail or neglect their children, the love can of course be lost or damaged. Young adults and adolescents can become disillusioned with their parents but then a deeper love can come later in life. Never a perfect love because no parents are perfect people and certainly not omnipotent and worthy of divine love. But a deeper love that comes from greater understanding and more intimate more complete knowledge and experience is possible. I think this deeper love is one thing God is after. I think therefore it would be much better to say that God desired mankind to have a deeper love than to say that the pre-fall love was no love at all. In fact, when many of us hear the story of Adam and Eve, we long to return to that unadulterated pure and unhindered untarnished love of the pre-fall days. The pre-fall love is actually a picture of what true and pure love is. I think it is quite strange to say that it is not really love at all.

So let us move on to the deeper question; is God really love as he says he is, and how can I reconcile this in my mind heart and soul in view of all the suffering oppression pain inequality and everything else evil that have resulted from Adam and Eve’s response to the presence of the tree that God put in the garden?

What are your thoughts?

(I do by the way believe very deeply the love and goodness of God, but that was not always the case as at one time this was a difficult struggle for me. Knowing the pain an confusion first hand that others may face when dealing with this issue, I think it is an important discussion to pursue more deeply).

9. God did not create a “tree of knowledge of good and evil”. It’s fiction. Genesis 1-6 never happened (like any other story in the bible). No chatting snake either. And above all, Adam and Eve were not the first two humans to have existed. Science has clearly demonstrated (and proven) that for all humans living today to have descended from just two people just several thousand years ago (or however many thousands of years ago) is a biological impossibility. I am not a scientist but I am qualified to discuss this issue. I, too, was raised in a DEVOUTLY religious family and was supposed to have believed all this. The entire bible. My family still is devoutly religious but I am the only one who is not (I guess that makes me the black sheep). I have always been a free thinker. I have always used logic, reason and common sense (and scientifically verifiable fact) to form my beliefs and opinions. I suppose that in order to believe that this story in Genesis is true (or any other story in the bible for that matter) you have to discard all logic, reason and common scense and embrace the world of faith to truly believe that it did happen. I could never do that. As a non believer, I just view the bible stories as absurd and preposterous fairy tales that cannot (and should not) be considered as literal truth. In fact, once you analyze the bible stories with logic, reason, and common sense, they become an incomprehensible nonsense. But, once again, only in the world of faith are the bible stories able to make any sense at all, and for the true believer, makes all the difference in their plausibility.

10. I find this answer inadequate in relation to the message of the bible.

“The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was there, in part, to provide humans with a choice: to obey the Voice of God or not.”

This essentially says to me that god placed the tree there as a test of temptation, to see if they were able to stay on the “right” path despite having this knowledge put right in their face. This is also a blatant contradiction to James 1:13, where god says he does not tempt us.

“The prophet Isaiah reminds us that God’s ways are not our ways, his thoughts are not our thoughts. He said that God’s thoughts are as high above our thoughts as the stars in the heaven.”

This part also bothers me in particular. If this god was omniscient and wanted Adam and Eve to remain in Eden, he would not have put a fruit he knew could corrupt their well being and cause their downfall. Once you default your reasoning to “we can’t know gods ways”, this automatically takes his decision to create the fruit out of the realm of rational discussion since no one can even come up with a good reason why he created it on their own.

This is my main reason why Abrahamic religions are so unbelievable, there’s a flaw right at the beginning that everyone overlooks and no one can provide an adequate reason for. Unless they are willing to admit that their god wanted us to eat the fruit and fall from “grace”, in which case I would say they might be right and their god is malevolent.

• You mention James 1:13 “When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;” and it continues onto verse 14 “but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.”

Temptation involves desire, a feeling of want, being drawn to do something they know is wrong. There is not one instance in the bible of God tempting someone. He tested Abraham’s faith in order to see if he was worthy. Abraham surely did not want to kill his only son, so this was not a temptation.

In the case of Adam and Eve, they chose to give in to their desires. Adam and Eve were perfect, they are not like you or me. We are naturally inclined to sin and fall into temptation quite easily. Jesus was perfect. He was sinless in thought, in speech, in action. Perfect people can hit the bulls eye EVERY time. The only way the wouldn’t hit their mark, is to purposely miss it. They listened to lies told by Satan and betrayed their Creator who loved them beyond a reasonable doubt. There really was no reason to doubt God and think Satan’s lies were true. They knew the law and made a clear choice.

Remember that God blessed humans with free will just like the angels. He didn’t want robots, he wanted to know that we loved him in return. He does not know what humans will choose to do until they follow through with it. Our lives are not pre-destined. God sets a purpose and creates his plan to see the purpose fulfilled.

For example his purpose for mankind was stated in Genesis 1: 22 “be fruitful and multiply.” He wanted Adam and Eve, who were perfect, to fill the earth with their offspring. So he wanted perfect human subjects to live on a paradise earth forever, which we WILL happen in the future.

God even revealed his plan to destroy Satan immediately after Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden. Genesis 3:15…
      “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” God says the woman will produce a seed that will bruise Satan’s head and heel.

So basically he has general purposes and they may be delayed by the Satan’s meddling, but his purposes for the earth and mankind will happen.
      His words always prove to be true one day, they are in fact promises to us.

Isaiah 55:11
      “so is my word that goes out from my mouth:It will not return to me empty,
      but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

11. The same thing has really bothered me at times too. I think though that God purposing the fall does not necessarily make Him malevolent. Think of sports. If a coach can see that he has a potentially star athlete, but that athlete has some sort of mental block or attitude problem, he wouldn’t be a good coach, or even a good friend to the player, if he didn’t do something to help him go beyond his current limitations to reach greater potential. What if God saw that Adam and Eve; though they had an easy life, and a reasonably pleasant experience of God’s love; they still weren’t experiencing the fullness of His infinite person. Because they were not one with Him. This is the difference. In John chapter 17, Jesus in prayer tells us we will be one with God. That is more than Adam and Eve had. That is something that is only possible because of the death and resurrection of Jesus. The angels in heaven are not one with God. After the time of this fading earth is over, those who believe will be… they will be one with God himself. The Greek gods always kept men at a distance. The God of Christianity is the only one who brings mankind, men and women, close to himself without shame. Hebrews 12 tells us that God’s purpose in disciplining us, is that we might share in His holiness. His holiness is infinite. Adam and Eve, and we also if things were left as they were, could have had a nice time, but would be far from being one with God. We couldn’t understand God, and He couldn’t necessarily identify with us (which did happen through the incarnation of God in Jesus). But what does sharing in the Holiness of God mean? Most people’s idea of heaven if they have one, is really an experience just like earth but with infinitely increased pleasures and joys, with none of the difficulties and pain. But what causes the bad things and diminishes pleasure and joy? Is it not insecurity, insignificance and lack of self acceptance? And if God is infinitely bigger smarter and superior to us in every way, how can we possibly be secure significant and accepted unless we become one with Him, so that there is nothing bigger or superior to … us? And what if Jesus dieing on the cross was the only way to make finite insignificant creatures one with God? If that were so, would you want to know more about what it means to be one with God?

What is oneness with You, Lord God? Is it not being so connected to your might and authority, that no oppressive boss, government leader, or even spiritual power, can stand up to me, or to us, to the new we, because of my identification with you in Jesus. No one can rule over, oppress or boss me around because I am one with You God who give all power and authority to all kings and rulers. That means that in God, I am the one who gives power and authority, and therefore no power has authority to commit wrongful harm against me. Heaven will be heaven because there is no oppression. It is not possible to oppress God. In heaven, being one with God, it will be impossible for anyone to oppress or manipulate a believer.

Think about what is really bad on earth. What really hurts? It is rejection, oppression, injustice, inequality? What else? Ask yourself if any of these painful things would be possible if you were one with God himself.

Now, if Jesus’ death and resurrection is the only thing that could make us one with God, because of God’s identifying himself with our finite existence, (his trading His infinite experience for our finite experience), would that make the mere 90+ years of suffering through our finite human experience worth it in comparison to an eternal infinite experience?

12. I am currently struggling in faith for various reasons,one being am a slave of logic and reason.The significance of the tree did not make much sense to me.Your argument is really on point and to an extent without the tree we wouldn’t ‘t have the freedom of reason.We would have been robots in a sense

13. The Tree of Knowledge represents his authority as ruler. Like a crown to a king, a gavel to a judge, or a badge to a policeman. He is the Almighty, the Creator and deserves to set standards as to what is pleasing to him and what is not pleasing to him.

Genesis 2: 9 “The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.”

There are 100,00 different varieties of trees in this world today. Regarding the apple alone, there are 7,000 different kinds of apples. Out of his loving kindness, God blessed Adam and Eve with an abundance and variety of fruits to choose from. He then gave then commanded…

” And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” ~ Genesis 2: 16, 17

As supreme Ruler, he decides what is Good and what is Bad. He told them what would please him — to eat from ANY tree in the Garden and what would displease him — eating from the tree of Knowledge. This situation is comparable to an owner of a company creating a set of rules for his employees to follow, a company policy. Employees must abide by the policy or suffer the consequences.

Jeremiah 23: 10 states
    “Lord, I know that people’s lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps.”
    Take a look at the world today. Does this scripture prove to be true? Is man capable of ruling over themselves or were things much better in the hands of our Creator.

Adam and Eve were blessed with free will and with command set forth, they had the choice to be subjects of God or to rebel against him. Their disobedience disrespected God’s divine authority and their punishment followed through exactly as they were told.

From the time Adam and Eve disobeyed, Satan has controlled the world and mankind has been under his influence. Please don’t ever blame God for your suffering or the suffering of others. Sickness and death are the consequences caused by Adam and Eve’s disobedience. Suffering is caused by sinful people who choose to do evil things and the world is the way it is because it is “under the control of the evil one” (1 John 5:19) Sometimes innocent people die due to “time and unforeseen occurrence befall them” cited from Ecclesiastes 9:11, which simply means they were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

There is still hope and God will bless those that choose to serve him and he will bless those faithful people with eternal life on a paradise earth as originally planned.

14. Indeed no one could answer most ‘why’ questions in Bible just like stated in Isaiah. However it raised a question ‘if at the end GOD will punish those who oppose HIM then can it still be consider as ‘free will’ since we (all creation) are ‘threatened’ with punishment at the end?’ Don’t get me wrong, I raised the question simply to say what is in my mind and not to oppose GOD in anyway.

Secondly that came across my mind, we believers realize that GOD is all powerful and yet what we know today simply because of what had happened. Why then GOD would not ‘destroy’ the evil at the beginning since HE can simply makes it unknown to us just like many ‘unknown/unexplained’ situations that happened?

As I have learned all this time we try to explain GOD in which it is like trying to explain the unexplainable and like what I had been told about ‘blind men’ that try to describe an elephant….. Again I will have to apologize for any harm that caused by my questions above. Faith…… Do we have faith on the living GOD or god that we build in our image? Thank you and hopefully with all this questions I asked everyone will be eager to get closer to GOD.

15. God predestined the fall of man. That is why God put the tree in the garden of Eden. He wanted sin to come into this world so his glory could be displayed fully. God gave us free will so he could have someone to blame for sin. God was not testing Adam and eve’s faith. There was no need to test their faith. He already knew what would hapen.

16. Maybe the nakedness/shame that Adam and Eve felt, and subsequently the hardships that followed eating the forbidden fruit, are gifts to us from God. How could someone know a perfect Garden unless they knew what perfection was not? How can someone know bliss unless they know pain and hardship?

Perhaps the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil represents the greatest gift we have been provided. The gift of being separated from God so that we may again experience salvation and re-unification. Maybe this original sin and all sin which has followed has been part of a perfect divine plan and everything is happening exactly as it should, including those things we label horrific. Perhaps “Satan” and “God” are in cahoots :)

17. You didn’t really answer the question. Your answer was basically “Trust God because he’s smarter than us.” Which is a great truth, but theologically, it is a weak answer. If you want to argue apologetics, you can’t simply insert “We just have faith” wen you come across a hard question.

Also, I would point out that one does not need a tree of good and evil to have free will. You seem to assume that if we did not have this tree, we could not have free will. I see this principle nowhere supported in the Bible. Thanks.

18. The problem here is that God had already created adam & eve with the power to choose so he could easily teach them what free-will is etc., worse,since God knew in advance they would eat of the tree, so to speak,and that the plan to save man would involve Jesus going to the cross, certainly, being perfect, all-powerful etc., God could have acheived all His purposes without allowing satan to spoil everything. I know “His thoughts are above ours…” etc., but allowing sin in and creating the need for Jesus to go through horrible suffering just does not add-up if God is all-knowing, perfect in all his ways, all-powerful,The very essence of Love itself, then allowing man to fall and causing Jesus to go to the cross is a complete contradiction of who and what The Bible , The Word of God , says about who God is.

19. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo
    News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed
    in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never
    seem to get there! Thanks

20. If you take the Torah (this is not the Bible, fellow Christians, this is the Torah, the Jewish scripture, btw anyone who calls himself a Christian is actually Jewish, it is a sect of Judaism) literally, than there is no reason that anything beyond say 12,000 light years away should exist.

But back to the tree being in Eden. If it’s literally true, and this God creator, knew what would happen and does not care about you or anyone human. Also, it being a first offense by innocents, it is very harsh. Then the whole idea of Jesus coming later for sin cleaning seems to be very poorly timed. It would make more sense to have him come around before the Flood. As you can see in the action of the Flood, this particular God creator did not care for 99.9999999% of people and living creatures.

The reason I looked up the question that led me to this site, is I’m trying to get the pollution of this learning out of my mind so I can see the truth of Love and the Divine.

Unfortunately, we live in a very strange dimension that is so uncomfortable for most of us, that we end up killing milllions of each other every generation or so.

The Western religion needs to be put in context as a very dysfunctional spiritual system, and be replaced by something similar to Buddhism and Aboriginal teachings of direct connection to Divine through nature.